Thursday 10 January 2013

Battle report: 2400 vs Skaven

Vampire Counts

Edited in the correct list I used: 2 points over because I'm a rebel maverick

 No Name (2402pts)

2400pt Vampire Counts 8th Ed AB and 8th Ed BRB Roster (Standard)

Selections:

Lords (444pts)

  • Vampire Lord (444pts)
    The Hunger (AB-27), Undead (AB-26), Vampiric (AB-26)
    Heavy Armour (6pts), Lore of the Vampires, Quickblood (30pts) (Quickblood), Red Fury (50pts) (Red Fury), Shield (3pts), Wizard Level 2 (35pts)
    • Magic Items (100pts)
      BRB - Ogre Blade (40pts), BRB - Talisman of Preservation (45pts), BRB - The Other Trickster's Shard (15pts)

Heroes (514pts)

  • Necromancer (145pts)
    Undead (AB-26)
    Lore of the Vampires, Master of the Dead (20pts) (Master of the Dead (AB-28)), Wizard Level 2 (35pts)
    • Magic Items (25pts)
      BRB - Dispel Scroll (25pts)
  • Vampire (214pts)
    The Hunger (AB-27), Undead (AB-26), Vampiric (AB-26)
    Aura of Dark Majesty (25pts) (Aura of Dark Majesty), Heavy Armour (4pts), Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 2 (35pts)
    • Magic Items (45pts)
      AB - Book of Arkhan (25pts), BRB - Enchanted Shield (5pts), BRB - Sword of Might (15pts)
  • Wight King (155pts)
    Killing Blow (BRB-72), Undead (AB-26)
    Battle Standard Bearer (25pts), Great Weapon (5pts)
    • Magic Items (40pts)
      AB - Nightshroud (40pts)

Core (600pts)

  • Crypt Ghouls (300pts)
    Poisoned Attacks (BRB-73), Undead (AB-26)
    30x Crypt Ghoul (300pts)
  • Dire Wolves (80pts)
    Slavering Charge (AB-36), Swiftstride (BRB-76), Undead (AB-26), Vanguard (BRB-79)
    10x Dire Wolf (80pts)
  • Skeleton Warriors (220pts)
    Undead (AB-26)
    Champion (10pts), Musician (10pts), 35x Skeleton Warrior (175pts)
    • Standard Bearer (25pts)
      BRB - Banner of Eternal Flame (15pts)

Special (619pts)

  • Crypt Horrors (228pts)
    Poisoned Attacks (BRB-73), Regeneration (5+) (BRB-74), Stomp (BRB-76), Undead (AB-26)
    6x Crypt Horror (228pts)
  • Grave Guard (346pts)
    Killing Blow (BRB-72), Undead (AB-26)
    Musician (10pts)
    • 23x Grave Guard (276pts)
      23x Great Weapon (23pts)
    • Standard Bearer (60pts)
      AB - Banner of the Barrows (50pts)
  • Spirit Host (45pts)
    Ethereal (BRB-68), Skirmishers (BRB-77), Undead (AB-26)
    Spirt Host (45pts)

Rare (225pts)

  • Terrorgheist (225pts)
    Death Shriek (AB-48), Fly (BRB-70), Large Target (BRB-72), Regeneration (6+) (BRB-74), Terror (BRB-78), Thunderstomp (BRB-76), Undead (AB-26)

  • Skaven List


    2.4k A Main Bell List (Skaven) 2,398.5 pointsMade with Quartermaster
    www.quartermasterapp.com
    Lords
    Grey Seer (505)M5•WS3•BS3•S3•T4•W3•I5•A1•Ld7Fencer's Blade; Skalm; Level 4 Wizard; Skaven Spells of Ruin; Skaven Spells of Plague; hand weapon; D3 Warpstone Tokens. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Verminous Valour.
    Screaming BellM–•WS–•BS–•S5•T6•W6•I–•A–•Ld–Rat Ogre Crew. Above the Masses; Altar of the Horned Rat; Fear; Impact Hits (D6); Large Target; Magic Resistance (2); Protection of the Horned Rat; Pushed into Battle; Ringing the Bell; Unbreakable.
     Rat Ogre CrewM–•WS3•BS–•S5•T–•W–•I4•A3•Ld–
    Heroes
    Wlight/scroll (Warlock Engineer) (110)M5•WS3•BS3•S3•T3•W2•I4•A1•Ld5Warp-energy Condenser; Dispel Scroll; Level 1 Wizard; Skaven Spells of Ruin; hand weapon. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Verminous Valour.
    Chieftain (120)M5•WS5•BS4•S4•T4•W2•I6•A3•Ld6Storm Banner; hand weapon; heavy armour; Battle Standard. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Verminous Valour.
    Core
    C M St (40 Stormvermin)(405)M5•WS4•BS3•S3•T3•W1•I5•A1•Ld5Musician; Standard Bearer; Razor Standard; hand weapon; halberd; heavy armour. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers.
    FangleaderM5•WS4•BS3•S3•T3•W1•I5•A2•Ld5
    • Weapon TeamM5•WS3•BS3•S3•T3•W1•I3•A2•Ld5hand weapon; heavy armour; Doom Flayer. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Attached Unit.
    M St (25 Clanrats) (189.5)M5•WS3•BS3•S3•T3•W1•I4•A1•Ld5Musician; Standard Bearer; hand weapon; light armour; shields. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers.
    • Weapon TeamM5•WS3•BS3•S3•T3•W1•I3•A2•Ld5hand weapon; heavy armour; Poisoned Wind Mortar. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Attached Unit.
    M (28 Skavenslaves) (62)M5•WS2•BS2•S3•T3•W1•I4•A1•Ld2Musician; hand weapon. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Expendable; Cornered Rats.
    PawleaderM5•WS2•BS2•S3•T3•W1•I4•A2•Ld2
    M (28 Skavenslaves) (62)M5•WS2•BS2•S3•T3•W1•I4•A1•Ld2Musician; hand weapon. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Expendable; Cornered Rats.
    PawleaderM5•WS2•BS2•S3•T3•W1•I4•A2•Ld2
    2 Rat Swarms (50)M6•WS3•BS0•S2•T2•W5•I4•A5•Ld10sharp teeth/claws. Unbreakable; Swarm; Small.
    2 Rat Swarms (50)M6•WS3•BS0•S2•T2•W5•I4•A5•Ld10sharp teeth/claws. Unbreakable; Swarm; Small.
    Special
    C M St (30 Plague Monks)(265)M5•WS3•BS3•S3•T4•W1•I3•A1•Ld5Musician; Standard Bearer; Plague Banner; 2 hand weapons. Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Frenzy.
    Bringer-of-the-WordM5•WS3•BS3•S3•T4•W1•I3•A2•Ld5
    5 Gutter Runners (90)M6•WS4•BS4•S3•T3•W1•I5•A1•Ld72 hand weapons; throwing stars; slings; Poisoned Attacks. Scurry Away!; Scouts; Skirmish; Sneaky Infiltrators; Dodge (6+).
    Rare
    Hell Pit Abomination (250)M3D6•WS3•BS1•S6•T5•W6•I4•A*•Ld8hand weapon; warpstone spikes. Monster; Impact Hits (D6); Large Target; Regenerate; Shambling Horror; Special Close Combat Attacks; Stubborn; Terror; Too Horrible To Die.
    Warp Lightning Cannon (90)M–•WS–•BS–•S–•T6•W4•I–•A–•Ld–hand weapon. War Machine.
    Engineer and 2 CrewM5•WS3•BS3•S3•T3•W1•I3•A1•Ld7
    Doom Wheel (150)M3D6•WS–•BS–•S6•T6•W5•I–•A*•Ld–hand weapon. Armour Save (4+); Grinding Down the Foe; Immune to Psychology; Impact Hits (D6+1); Large Target; Rolling Doom; Terror; Zzzzap!.
    Warlock and RatsM–•WS3•BS3•S2•T–•W–•I4•A2D6•Ld7


    Deployment





    Kieron the ratman got first turn despite having many more drops, this is the state of play after his first movement phase. You can see he's out-deployed my army leaving the ghouls on the far flank and concentrating his units on my flank.

    Shooting is uneventful this turn, apart from the cannon removing two crypt horrors.


    I've moved the terrorgheist off his base in this picture. The 10 dogs charge the gutter runners, between stand and shoot and combat they lose 5 but break the GRs (aided by a scream from the TG) and pursue them off the board. The hellpit is threatening my flank and you can see Kieron lining up his cannon shot, but he fails to wound, rolling strength 2.


    Jumping ahead because I didn't take enough pictures, the crypt horrors charged the doomwheel, broke it and pursued into the plague monks. The doomwheel just touched the table edge after popping out behind the clanrats, then in his turn I got EXTREMELY lucky, beating the monks in combat by 1. He then failed re-rollable LD 8 break test, rolled 6 to flee and I caught him, overrunning the horrors to just in front of the clanrat bunker. They then charged on my turn but failed to break them after killing a few clanrats, and were then destroyed by the bell unit.

    Apart from finally killing the hellpit, not a lot else happened until turn 5. I cleared up his rat swarms and slaves and made my way forward. Shooting and magic was uneventful for most of the game, he was out of range and I got shut down without a level 4 wizard.

    TURN 5

    All went wrong for me here, I stopped taking pictures and donned the rage face. Terrorgheist: shot by cannon. Skeleton bus: decimated by dreaded 13th (he miscast twice this game, doing virtually no damage to himself but dominating magic phases). Ghouls, spirit host: eaten by the hellpit.

    The grave guard finished the hellpit only to take a another dreaded 13th on turn 6, leaving me with the character and one grave guard.

    The skeleton bus still had the vampire, wight king and necromancer, so I thought I would try for the cannon or bunker since by now I was across the board. This was stupid, because I let myself get seen and charged by the bell unit. I would have been confident to stay on the board as it was turn 6, except he got death frenzy off in the magic phase, then rolled a 13 when ringing the screaming bell.

    For those unfamiliar, this means every stormvermin in the unt gets to fight, and counts as being in base to base contact with my skeleton unit, giving him some 50+ attacks. I conceded, the vampire could survive the attacks but would be crumbled away, leaving me with just my hero vamp and the grave guard on the table. Victory points wise he'd have beaten me by at least 2000 points but we didn't bother to count, I conceded for the 20-0.

    It was a brilliant, if frustrating game. Skaven are a very tough match up and I got outplayed in deployment to boot. I'll have to remember to take more pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment